You’ve seen the price, and you’re thinking: Is Profhilo worth it?
Today, we dive into the pros and cons of this amazing injectable hyaluronic acid solution to discover if it really is worth it.
Strap yourself in for the complete pros and cons list in a simple list-style post that you can digest in a matter of minutes.
Pros and Cons of Hyaluronic Acid-Based Treatments like Profhilo
To discover if injectable bio remodelling treatment Profhilo is worth it, we first need to gather a list of objective pros and cons. From that, we can see if the benefits outweigh the costs.
If you’re unsure of the costs, you can check out the following article:
How much does Profhilo cost in Australia?
Pros of Profhilo treatment
- A non-surgical bio-remodelling treatment option
- It greatly hydrates the skin
- Stimulates collagen and elastin slowly
- Improves skin elasticity & existing tissue
- Reduces fine lines, deep wrinkles or sagging skin
- Zero downtime
- Natural-looking results
- Suitable for all skin types
- Biocompatible ingredient (natural hyaluronic acid)
- Very fast treatment sessions (<30min)
- Gradual and lasting improvement
- It can be combined with other treatments
- Zero scarring
- No general anesthesia needed
- Low risk of complications
- It can treat hard-to-reach areas
- Encourages skin healing & reduces severe signs of ageing
- Applicable to the face and body
- It helps with skin texture
- It offers significant skin tightening
Cons of Profhilo treatment
- Temporary results (usually 6 months)
- Multiple sessions needed (minimum of 2-3 sessions)
- It can be expensive (See prices)
- Not very effective for severe sagging
- The injection sites may cause mild discomfort
- Allergic reactions are possible (but rare)
- Not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Results can vary between individuals
- Requires a skilled practitioner
- Possible bruising and swelling
- Limited availability in some locations (See locations)
- Usually not covered by insurance
Who is a good candidate for Profhilo?
Profhilo treatment works best for people in their 30s or older who are experiencing early signs of skin aging, such as fine lines, deep-set wrinkles, and a loss of elasticity.
The treatment is especially effective for those with mild to moderate skin laxity.
The natural product will spread immediately throughout the skin injection sites, entirely different from a dermal filler.
As a non-surgical, popular treatment option for skin rejuvenation, Profhilo is great for individuals who want to improve their skin quality without undergoing more invasive procedures.
Good candidates should be in overall good health, without any contraindications like allergies to hyaluronic acid, active skin infections, or autoimmune diseases.
Additionally, candidates mustn’t be pregnant or breastfeeding, as the safety of Profhilo during these times has not been established.
The Verdict – Is Profhilo worth it?
In our opinion, Yes! It’s 100% worth it! Because it lasts 6+ months and is extremely safe.
Hyaluronic acid remains one of the best skin booster products on the market.
This special type of pure hyaluronic acid solution starts collagen and elastin production in a way that traditional dermal fillers don’t.
Injectable treatments (like Profhilo injections) that improve skin laxity, give a luminous glow, improve skin tone and give you the appearance of fresher skin are highly sort in today’s market as people look for alternatives to dermal fillers (which don’t look as natural), and other treatments like laser treatment, anti-wrinkle injections or a simple skin booster.
No matter your skin type or skin goals, we know that after your first Profhilo treatment, you’ll be excited to get back there one month later for your second treatment.
To see a list of locations to get Profhilo treatment in Australia, you can check out our Australian Profhilo locations page.